Saturday, October 2, 2010

Autumn Is Fragrant In The Air.....

This morning,
I woke up early to water
and crept quietly outside to
crisp & fragrant air.


Autumn was inhaled.

An awareness that I have
only a couple weeks left
of this chore-- before every-
thing bowes its head in
a riot of color, and then
says goodbye for the season.

I began to think about the season-ness of our lives as I stood outside and listened
Canadian geese fly overhead. As a wife, mother and daughter I have deeply anticipated coming seasons, much like I anticipate the leaves changing after a hot summer.  Other seasons, I have felt pangs of sadness wash over me and a desire to cling things and remain timeless.  Parents age, children grow, siblings divorce, grandparents die.  Intermingled with joys...a ring placed on my finger, flutterings in my womb, the young daughter becoming a teen.

As I ponder these things, I know...
I must deeply inhale the season I find myself.  

Autumn Blessings,
Malinda

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm sweet Malinda, what a precious post!

    Thank you so for coming and signing up to my party........I am sooo glad you came!

    I feel so stretched anymore now that our family works out of the HOME! I don't get to visit everyone like I used toooooo! Sad for me.

    Blessings sweet Momma...as you train those children for HIM. I loved everyday that I was at HOME raising my children. It paid. They all love the Lord and their country. I love it!

    Hugs from the farm, Linda

    Love your blog........very very beautiful. Linda
    Prairie Flower Farm

    ReplyDelete