3/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons dried lavender
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon zest
3 Tablespoons sugar
1. In a medium bowl, and using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat butter, confectioner's sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon extract until creamy.
2. In a seperate medium bowl, sift together flour and salt. Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Fold in lavender and lemon zest.
3. Shape dough into a ball or disk, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. On a lightly-floured surface, roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Using a 2-inch round fluted cutter, cut cookies, rerolling remaining dough only once. Place cookies on prepared sheet and evenly sprinkle each with granulated sugar.
6. Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until edges of cookies are slightly browned. Cool on pan 1 minute; transfer to wire rack to cool completely.